October 31st, 2013 by Classic Charms in Monthly Contests
; No Comments »
Halloween is that time of year that we get to pretend to be someone else. It could be something scary, or something that we dream we could be or just something funny we thought about. Some of us had mom’s that were so creative that they hand made our costume. Some of us had mother’s that just bought our costumes in stores – complete with that plastic mask (which is ok). Which mom are you? I know from my own experience, my Mom was the creative type – you know that Mom that if Pinterest was around in her day, she would of been a Pinterest God! Our costumes were hand made every year and my son’s were as well.
Well here at Classic Charms, we wanted to reward you for your scrary, most creative and most unique costumes. So we ran a contest, ask our customers to email us a photo of their favorite costume, in hopes of being chosen as 1. Scariest 2. Unique 3. Creative. Our judges had a job on their hands, sifting through the many entries we received. We are happy to announce our three winners (one in each category) are receiving the Chamilia 2013 Limited Edition Glowing Pumpkin Bead as our gift ! Halloween is a fun time of year and we are happy to award these fine costumes their Free Bead! Scariest Costume goes to:
Living Mummy, N’Kantu submitted by J. Escue, Memphis, TN
Most Unique goes to: Doormat, submitted by T.Goff, New Providence, PA and our
Most Unique goes to J. Porter, Yardley, PA. Congratulations ladies! Enjoy your bead!
August 28th, 2012 by Classic Charms in Just for Fun
; No Comments »
Purchasing and building a beautiful charm bracelet to tell your life story to others is not only fun, but it’s also a fashion statement. Charm bracelets and charms have been around for decades and their popularity continues to grow. You can find charms to represent anything that has went on in your life. Now that the Summer season is about over and Back to School is here, building a vacation charm bracelet is a great way to tell your travel story from this summer.
When building your charm bracelet, it is fun to select charms that represents things that you believe in and things that you have done in your life and places you have been. Your charm bracelet will tell a story, reflect your personality and tell others who you are. You can go with the classic style chain bracelet with dangling charms or go for the stylish & trendy beaded charm bracelets. The choice and style is totally up to you!
Vacation time is over for most and if you are headed back to school, students young and old enjoy wearing charm bracelets. Why not build a charm bracelet with school-related charms that represent your favorite school subjects, after-school activities and sports that you enjoy or participate in? You can more than likely find your college represented on a charm. What a fun way to show your school spirit!
A charm bracelet is something you can wear as a child, young adult, adult and even into your golden-aged years. They never go out-of-style and can be worn casually or dressed up for a night out on the town.
These stylish bracelets also make a fabulous gift for you or someone special. Filling them up with your favorite charms that represent your life will turn your charm bracelet into a treasured memory that you can wear with pride and even pass down to your next generations.
It’s hard to believe that it’s almost April already! We’re so excited for spring to really kick into gear and start getting things in bloom. But there’s so much more to April than springtime… there are a ton of fun “holidays” that you can celebrate throughout the month. Who knows? They might give you some fun ideas for charms or beads to add to your charm bracelet!
Here are some of our favorite fun April holidays:
- April 1 is April Fool’s Day
- April 2 is National Peanut Butter Day! We love this one. Who doesn’t love peanut butter?
- April 4 is School Librarian Day. Show your spirit and read a book.
- April 7 is No Housework Day. We can really get behind this one. And it’s a Saturday!
- April 8 is Easter this year. Who wouldn’t love some cute Easter charms on her charm bracelet?
- April 13 is Scrabble Day. Get your friends and family together and play a great word game.
- Chill out on April 16th… It’s National Stress Awareness Day.
- We can really get into April 19th, though. It’s National High Five Day. We love the sound of jingling charm bracelets when we give our high fives.
- We’ve got a soft sport for World Penguin Day on April 25th.
- April 30 is Hairstyle Appreciation Day. Just love your look!
Whatever your favorite April holiday is, you can celebrate it with any of the gorgeous charms here at Classic Charms. We’ve got something here for everyone—and every holiday!
March 22nd, 2012 by Lauren in Beads
, Just for Fun
; No Comments »
Can you believe spring is already here? That means that people are going to start spending more time outside, vacationing, and enjoying fun in the sun. What better way to enjoy this new warm weather than with a trip for spring break? When you get back, you can gather all of your memories and create a beautiful charm bracelet with any of the unique travel charms and travel beads here at Classic Charms. No matter where you go or what you do, there’s a travel charm that can help you keep those memories alive. But before you can make memories, you need to go on a memorable trip! Here are a few tips to make your spring break truly awesome.
- Gather up your best girl friends. Nothing says “spring break” like a bunch of best friends hanging out together somewhere wonderful and warm. Figure out how many hotel rooms you’ll need between all of you.
- Then you need to figure out where you want to go! There are so many warm weather destinations too choose from—like Mexico, the Bahamas, and the rest of the Caribbean. But do you really need to go that far to have a great time with your girls? Take a road trip somewhere warmer. Imagine the memories and sights you’ll see as you travel across the country together.
- Before you go, make sure you do your homework. Research any hotels, resorts, or other places you’ll be visiting. And make sure you have enough (but not too much!) spending money to ensure that you have a great time.
When you get back from your memorable spring break vacation with the girls, you can all shop around on Classic Charms to find the perfect travel charms and travel beads to remember the occasion. Enjoy!
Now that it’s nearly St. Patrick’s Day, it’s time to think about those funny little creatures that pop up every March 17th. (No, we’re not talking about bargain shoppers… But, if you happen to know any of those, send them over to Classic Charms! If you spend over $100, enter the code GREEN and score yourself a four leaf clover bead.) We’re talking about leprechauns! Leprechauns are Irish fairies, and each one is said to guard a pot of gold. (If that were the case, we’d have a bunch of them hanging around the Classic Charms warehouse!) If you find and catch a leprechaun, he has to give you his pot of gold.
So how do you find a leprechaun to take his pot of gold?
- The word “leprechaun” is derived from an Irish term that means shoemaker. So narrow your search down to shoemakers.
- In order to find one, you need to be low to the ground. A full grown leprechaun is only about two feet tall.
- Have you ever seen a happy leprechaun? Legend says that leprechauns tend to be grouchy, so look for someone that seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
- They’ve also been around for a very long time! Okay, so this narrows your search down to small, grumpy, old shoemakers.
- They also enjoy imbibing in some spirits, so you can add “drunk” to your list.
- If all else fails, you can find your own pot of gold right here at Classic Charms! Don’t forget to use the code GREEN at checkout to get yourself a four leaf clover bead.
At 2am this Sunday, March 11, Daylight Saving Time begins in the United States. But you don’t have to wait until then to get in on some of the saving here at Classic Charms! That’s right—we’re having a special promotion in honor of the beginning of Daylight Saving Time. (The word “saving” is in there, after all… right?) And since it’s an occasion that can play tricks on your clock (and your mind, frankly), we decided to make it easy on you and give you the option to save however you want. When you make a purchase at Classic Charms this weekend (March 9, 10, and 11) there are two ways for you to save. So go ahead and “spring forward” this weekend and rack up the saving on your Rembrandt charms, beads, and other great jewelry accessories.
Use the code SPRING
If you feel like spring is in the air, you can enter the code “SPRING” at checkout and receive 10% off your order. This is the perfect option for those that want to stock up on some charms this weekend.
Use the code FORWARD
You can use the code “FORWARD” at checkout to get free USPS shipping this weekend. If you’re only ordering a few things, this is the perfect way to save a few dollars!
And a reminder…
It’s always easy to forget before you go to bed on Saturday night—but you need to SPRING FORWARD and set your clocks an hour later this weekend. We know you lose an hour of sleep on Saturday night… but isn’t it worth it for the extra sunshine when you get out of work?
Don’t forget to SPRING (10% off) FORWARD (free shipping) at Classic Charms this weekend!
Charm bracelets can tell truly charming stories about your life, your interests, and your dreams. That’s why we’re so excited for Sunday! Sunday February 26th is Tell a Fairy Tale Day. What can you do to make this magical holiday even more special? Tell a Fairy Tale Day is a great opportunity to sit down and read to your kids. But if the kids aren’t around… there’s nothing wrong with reading some fairy tales on your own! Everybody loves a good story with a happy ending. (The Knight in Shining Armor doesn’t hurt, either!)
And that’s the thing… Tell a Fairy Tale Day is important because it reminds us that even the most upsetting situations can always come to a happy ending. There’s nothing better than a good story that ends with the words, “…and they lived happily ever after.” On Tell a Fairy Tale Day, take a look at the charm bracelet that tells your personal story. There may have been some bumps along the road, but all of the charms on your bracelet represent something that makes you truly unique!
Is there a woman in your life that inspires you to tell a story? While you’re thinking about happy endings on Tell a Fairy Tale Day, keep our Inspirational Women contest in mind! Tell us a story about an inspiring woman, and you could win up to $150 worth of charms from Classic Charms.
Start telling those stories, charmers! Every woman has her own unique fairy tale to tell—and charm bracelets can help paint a truly “happily ever after” picture.
Here at Classic Charms, we love hearing about the stories that inspire your life. After all, the perfect charm bracelet is the perfect way to show the world where you’ve been and what makes you who you are. That’s why we’re going to celebrate International Women’s Day in style. International Women’s Day is March 8th, and it’s a day to celebrate and honor the great strides that women have made over the past century. As women, we’ve really come quite a long way! In the past 100 years, we’ve gotten the right to vote, and more and more of us are becoming powerful players in the business world—all while maintaining the home front. In celebration of the wonder that is “woman,” we invite you to share the story of a woman that truly inspires you.
Classic Charms International Women’s Day Story Contest
Tell us a story about a woman who is inspiring—this can be you or someone else. Women can do amazing things, and we want to hear about it! We believe that charms can tell any story, so use charms from our site (give us the item numbers, please!) to enhance your storytelling. If we think your story is the most inspiring, you’ll win a charm bracelet and the charms that you used to tell your story—up to a $150 value! The charms must be from our sterling silver charms collection.
We’ll announce the winner of the Classic Charms International Women’s Day story contest will be announced on March 8th.
Send your stories to email@example.com. We’ll be waiting for your charming inspiration!
February 9th, 2012 by Lauren in Beads
; No Comments »
We’re more than just charms here at Classic Charms! We also think you can share your story with a gorgeous bead bracelet. That’s why we have a selection of Zable, Zoppini, Biagi, SimStars, Kera, and Your Story Beads to help you make a true fashion statement. If you’re just getting started, a bead bracelet is a great way to create a piece of jewelry that truly represents you! Here are a few tips to help you create the perfect beaded bracelet for your style—and your budget.
- When looking through our selection of charm beads, remember that you can really create something that can be passed on. After all, your bead bracelet tells a personal story—and that story is worth being shared.
- Remember to have fun when you’re shopping for beads. We have a large selection, so you’re sure to find the perfect bead for the perfect occasion.
- Don’t limit yourself! It’s your bead bracelet, so there’s no way to do it wrong. Add anything you want—as long as you feel some sort of personal connection to it.
- Bead bracelets can really be a conversation starter. When you’re wearing your beads from Classic Charms, be ready to answer some questions. People love to hear the story behind your bead bracelet.
- Your options are truly endless. Choose beads that represent your hobbies, important events in your life, your family, and places that you’ve traveled to. Think of your bead bracelet like a wearable scrapbook of your life.
Here at Classic Charms, we also have collegiate beads so you can show your school spirit and pride. We encourage you to take the time to look through our selection of beads and choose the ones that can help you create perfectly beautiful and personal beaded bracelet.
We can’t wait to see what good ol’ Punxsutawney Phil has to say tomorrow morning! According to legend, if it’s cloudy when he leaves his burrow on that day, it’s a signal that the winter-like weather will soon end. If it’s a sunny day, he sees his shadow, retreats back to his burrow, and the winter is said to continue for six more weeks. Here at Classic Charms, we’re not exactly sure how good a big rodent is at meteorology… but who are we to argue with tradition? In fact, we think it’s kind of sweet.
The biggest Groundhog Day celebration is held in Punxsutawney, PA, where the crowd can sometimes be as large as 40,000. The University of Dallas in Irving, TX actually has taken Groundhog Day as its official university holiday. They have a huge celebration each year to honor the Groundhog.
What can we do to help honor the Groundhog this year? Well, keep your eye to the sky tomorrow morning when Punxsutawney Phil makes his prediction. If there’s supposed to be six more weeks of winter, you’ll get FREE SHIPPING from Classic Charms. But if we’re expecting an early spring, you’ll get a FREE BEAD from our grab bag. Either way, you come out a winner! With gorgeous Rembrandt charms and charming accessories to choose from, you’re sure to find something precious at Classic Charms. You just have to enter the code “FEB2” at checkout once the Groundhog makes his prediction tomorrow morning.
What are you hoping for?