Archive for the ‘Just for Fun’ Category
Chamilia Disney Aurora Princess charm
Classic Beads presents Chamilia’s Disney Princess Collection Beads! Every little girl loves the Disney princesses. Let her show the world just how much!
On April 7, 2014, Princess Aurora will ship from our castle to yours. Your princess will receive her bead either in a Chamlia Gift Box (recommended) or a Classic Beads pouch. This Chamlia Enamel Aurora Sleeping Beauty Disney Princess Bead has Swarovski crystals in her hair and reads “Let your Heart Dream” on the back.
Aurora can join Cinderella and Snow White on your little princess’s Chamilia Silver Snap Bracelet.
Cinderella is a Chamilia Enamel bead and has Swarovski crystals in her hair and says “Believe in your Dreams” on the back. Of course Cinderella needs her Pumpkin Coach to take her to the ball. Please don’t forget her slipper!!!
Snow White is also a Chamilia Enamel bead and has Swarovski crystals in her hair. The back says” Fairest in the Land”. I am sure that Snow would not turn down a ride in Cinderella’s Silver Coach Bead to escort her to her Prince.
Classic Beads will be featuring a new princess each month. Jasmine will join us in May, Ariel in June, and Belle in July. Help her be the belle of the ball and collect them all.
Classic Beads also carries the Chamilia Disney beads line. If you are a lover of all things Disney, these pieces you just cannot do without!
August 28th, 2012 by Classic Charms in Just for Fun
; No Comments »
Purchasing and building a beautiful charm bracelet to tell your life story to others is not only fun, but it’s also a fashion statement. Charm bracelets and charms have been around for decades and their popularity continues to grow. You can find charms to represent anything that has went on in your life. Now that the Summer season is about over and Back to School is here, building a vacation charm bracelet is a great way to tell your travel story from this summer.
When building your charm bracelet, it is fun to select charms that represents things that you believe in and things that you have done in your life and places you have been. Your charm bracelet will tell a story, reflect your personality and tell others who you are. You can go with the classic style chain bracelet with dangling charms or go for the stylish & trendy beaded charm bracelets. The choice and style is totally up to you!
Vacation time is over for most and if you are headed back to school, students young and old enjoy wearing charm bracelets. Why not build a charm bracelet with school-related charms that represent your favorite school subjects, after-school activities and sports that you enjoy or participate in? You can more than likely find your college represented on a charm. What a fun way to show your school spirit!
A charm bracelet is something you can wear as a child, young adult, adult and even into your golden-aged years. They never go out-of-style and can be worn casually or dressed up for a night out on the town.
These stylish bracelets also make a fabulous gift for you or someone special. Filling them up with your favorite charms that represent your life will turn your charm bracelet into a treasured memory that you can wear with pride and even pass down to your next generations.
It’s hard to believe that it’s almost April already! We’re so excited for spring to really kick into gear and start getting things in bloom. But there’s so much more to April than springtime… there are a ton of fun “holidays” that you can celebrate throughout the month. Who knows? They might give you some fun ideas for charms or beads to add to your charm bracelet!
Here are some of our favorite fun April holidays:
- April 1 is April Fool’s Day
- April 2 is National Peanut Butter Day! We love this one. Who doesn’t love peanut butter?
- April 4 is School Librarian Day. Show your spirit and read a book.
- April 7 is No Housework Day. We can really get behind this one. And it’s a Saturday!
- April 8 is Easter this year. Who wouldn’t love some cute Easter charms on her charm bracelet?
- April 13 is Scrabble Day. Get your friends and family together and play a great word game.
- Chill out on April 16th… It’s National Stress Awareness Day.
- We can really get into April 19th, though. It’s National High Five Day. We love the sound of jingling charm bracelets when we give our high fives.
- We’ve got a soft sport for World Penguin Day on April 25th.
- April 30 is Hairstyle Appreciation Day. Just love your look!
Whatever your favorite April holiday is, you can celebrate it with any of the gorgeous charms here at Classic Charms. We’ve got something here for everyone—and every holiday!
March 22nd, 2012 by Lauren in Beads
, Just for Fun
; No Comments »
Can you believe spring is already here? That means that people are going to start spending more time outside, vacationing, and enjoying fun in the sun. What better way to enjoy this new warm weather than with a trip for spring break? When you get back, you can gather all of your memories and create a beautiful charm bracelet with any of the unique travel charms and travel beads here at Classic Charms. No matter where you go or what you do, there’s a travel charm that can help you keep those memories alive. But before you can make memories, you need to go on a memorable trip! Here are a few tips to make your spring break truly awesome.
- Gather up your best girl friends. Nothing says “spring break” like a bunch of best friends hanging out together somewhere wonderful and warm. Figure out how many hotel rooms you’ll need between all of you.
- Then you need to figure out where you want to go! There are so many warm weather destinations too choose from—like Mexico, the Bahamas, and the rest of the Caribbean. But do you really need to go that far to have a great time with your girls? Take a road trip somewhere warmer. Imagine the memories and sights you’ll see as you travel across the country together.
- Before you go, make sure you do your homework. Research any hotels, resorts, or other places you’ll be visiting. And make sure you have enough (but not too much!) spending money to ensure that you have a great time.
When you get back from your memorable spring break vacation with the girls, you can all shop around on Classic Charms to find the perfect travel charms and travel beads to remember the occasion. Enjoy!
Now that it’s nearly St. Patrick’s Day, it’s time to think about those funny little creatures that pop up every March 17th. (No, we’re not talking about bargain shoppers… But, if you happen to know any of those, send them over to Classic Charms! If you spend over $100, enter the code GREEN and score yourself a four leaf clover bead.) We’re talking about leprechauns! Leprechauns are Irish fairies, and each one is said to guard a pot of gold. (If that were the case, we’d have a bunch of them hanging around the Classic Charms warehouse!) If you find and catch a leprechaun, he has to give you his pot of gold.
So how do you find a leprechaun to take his pot of gold?
- The word “leprechaun” is derived from an Irish term that means shoemaker. So narrow your search down to shoemakers.
- In order to find one, you need to be low to the ground. A full grown leprechaun is only about two feet tall.
- Have you ever seen a happy leprechaun? Legend says that leprechauns tend to be grouchy, so look for someone that seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
- They’ve also been around for a very long time! Okay, so this narrows your search down to small, grumpy, old shoemakers.
- They also enjoy imbibing in some spirits, so you can add “drunk” to your list.
- If all else fails, you can find your own pot of gold right here at Classic Charms! Don’t forget to use the code GREEN at checkout to get yourself a four leaf clover bead.
January 27th, 2012 by Lauren in Holidays
, Just for Fun
; No Comments »
The calendar year is filled up with so many fun holidays, and we just couldn’t let this one pass by without a mention. If a girl loves anything more than jewelry, it’s got to be chocolate. So call up everyone you know and tell them that it’s Chocolate Cake Day! What do you think of when you think of the best piece of chocolate cake that you’ve ever had? We think about those cozy Friday nights with a bunch of girlfriends and a good movie. Nothing puts your mind or heart at ease like having beautiful sweet friends—and some sweet chocolate cake. Do you have friends that are as sweet as chocolate cake? Why not show them how much they mean to you with a little charm for their charm bracelet? We especially love the 14K gold “Special Friend” charm. (But this 3D cake charm is pretty sweet, too!)
What’s better than a plain old chocolate cake? If you’re thinking about sharing it with some friends, you want to add a little something special. A charming idea would be to put some sweet filling inside! Here are some of our favorite chocolate cake filling ideas on this very special Chocolate Cake Day:
- Traditional buttercream is always an excellent idea. Cocoa powder, melted chocolate, or vanilla flavoring add a special twist to traditional buttercream. You can even add some food coloring for an extra pop of excitement.
- Have you heard of ganache? It’s made of equal parts high quality chocolate and heavy cream. It can create a smooth textured filling for your chocolate cake. You can flavor it with fruit purees, nut butters, or other flavoring extracts.
- We can’t say enough about cream cheese. Mix it with butter, sugar, and vanilla for a great chocolate cake filling.
- Chantilly frosting is made from whipped cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add some cookie crumble for a complementary flavored filling for chocolate cake.
What are you waiting for? Get your girlfriends together for some charming conversation, sweet treats, and great memories. Happy Chocolate Cake Day from Classic Charms!
December 28th, 2011 by Lauren in Holidays
, Just for Fun
; No Comments »
As we wind this year to a close, it’s always nice to look back and see where we’ve been. We’ve done a lot of growing here at Classic Charms… We have a thriving Facebook community, and we’re as committed as ever to bringing you the most gorgeous Rembrandt Charms, 14k Gold charms, silver charms, and other beautiful keepsake jewelry like lockets and earrings. While we’re looking back on this great year of 2011, we thought it might be fun to look back on the history of charm bracelets, too.
Here’s a bit of what we dug up:
Charm bracelets actually date back tens of thousands of years. That means that if you’re wearing a charm bracelet today, you’re taking part in a time-honored tradition that has been around for centuries. The ancient Egyptians wore necklaces and charm bracelets to symbolize status—they believed that the charms would help the gods guide them into the afterlife.
In the Middle Ages, charms were worn for protection. The upper class also used them to display social status. As time wore on, charms fell out of favor during the Renaissance. (But they’d come back. Charms always come back!)
At different points in history, charms and charm bracelets gained and lost popularity. (They’ve always been special in our hearts, though!) By the early 20th century, charm bracelets started being worn to enhance personal style. We can thank England’s Queen Victoria for popularizing charm bracelets with dangling beads, trinkets, and lockets.
Tracey Zabar, a writer and jewelry designer, has said that “the most irresistible and alluring thing about a charm bracelet is its ability to tell a story unique to its owner.” Frankly, we couldn’t agree more.
Look to the past and look to the future with a charm bracelet from Classic Charms for 2012! Have a wonderful New Year!
December 23rd, 2011 by Lauren in Holidays
, Just for Fun
; No Comments »
It’s easy to begin your own holiday tradition with a charm bracelet from Classic Charms. You’re never too old to enjoy the whimsy of a charm bracelet. Why do we love charms so much? They’re so easy to personalize! No two are alike—just like all of you out there. With the holiday season upon us, you can give your loved one the opportunity to start her own charm bracelet—or add to one that she already has. The list is virtually endless. Perhaps she’d like a zodiac sign, a state symbol, a “mother” charm, or a charm that represents one of her hobbies. The best part about a charm bracelet is that the wearer can really make it completely unique.
If you’ve waited until the last minute to do your Christmas shopping, don’t worry! We’re always here to help at Classic Charms. It might be too late to get your gift by the holiday, but you can still give the gift of charms. Make some hot chocolate, bring your loved one to the computer, and the two of you can sit together and design the perfect charm bracelet. In fact, it might be a calming way to relieve some holiday stress. Spend some quiet time on the Classic Charms website and enjoy one another’s company. When you’re picking out charms together, you’ll also be able to relive some great memories!
Begin your own holiday tradition this year with a Christmas Eve Classic Charms shopping spree. Reminisce about some good times, and pick out some great gold and silver charms!
Have a Merry Christmas!
October 28th, 2011 by Lauren in Just for Fun
; No Comments »
Every little lady dreams of a happy ending, whether it’s that grand, fantasy ending with her Prince Charming or the simple pleasure of a happy end to a long day. Sometimes it’s the sweet joy of adding the final charms to a charm bracelet! This October make your own happy endings a reality, and once upon a time happen today!
- Plan a special dinner date with your Prince Charming, giving you something fun to look forward to for the end of the month!
- Pick the perfect charm to complete your charm bracelet! Best of all? You?ll be able to start a new one now!
- Go star gazing and try to spy a shooting star! If you can’t find one, make a wish one your star charm for a sweet ending to your night.
Another happy ending for all is to take advantage of our big deal starting today. From Oct 28 to October 31 when you use the code DONATE during checkout you?ll be getting free shipping on both of our sites, that’s both Classic-Charms.com and Classic-Beads.com. And to make it an even sweeter ending, when you use the code, we’ll be donating the shipping to the Susan G Komen Foundation.
November 5th, 2009 by Classic Charms in Just for Fun
; No Comments »
So you have a beautiful 14K White Gold Charm Bracelet, that you have been collecting charms for places you travel, your grandchildren, your hobbies, and those memories near and dear to your heart. You are ready to add another memory to your bracelet when you realize what used to cost $100-$150 for a nice white gold charm now costs double and sometimes triple that. Whats a girl to do? Because of the rising cost of gold (now at $1090/ounce) our customers love our Rembrandt Sterling Silver Charms, because for 1/4 of the cost (sometimes even less) of a white gold item, it looks the same! Our Rembrandt Charms rhodium plate all their silver charms and bracelets, so they will never tarnish! They will look as beautiful and shiny, as the day you added it to your bracelet. No one will know, except you and me (I promise I won’t tell a soul). Rembrandt produces their entire collection (over 3,000 beautifully hand crafted pieces) in Sterling Silver, Gold-Plate, 10K Gold, or 14K Gold (white and yellow). No matter what the occasion, we have a charm for that? An avid starbucks gal? We got ya covered! Love to root for our home team, UT, we have that too! You are a soccer mom? We have lots to choose from. Don’t let the high cost of gold, scare you away from adding to your beautiful charm bracelet – check out our inventory of thousands of charms in stock now!