March 22nd, 2012 by Lauren in Beads
, Just for Fun
; No Comments »
Can you believe spring is already here? That means that people are going to start spending more time outside, vacationing, and enjoying fun in the sun. What better way to enjoy this new warm weather than with a trip for spring break? When you get back, you can gather all of your memories and create a beautiful charm bracelet with any of the unique travel charms and travel beads here at Classic Charms. No matter where you go or what you do, there’s a travel charm that can help you keep those memories alive. But before you can make memories, you need to go on a memorable trip! Here are a few tips to make your spring break truly awesome.
- Gather up your best girl friends. Nothing says “spring break” like a bunch of best friends hanging out together somewhere wonderful and warm. Figure out how many hotel rooms you’ll need between all of you.
- Then you need to figure out where you want to go! There are so many warm weather destinations too choose from—like Mexico, the Bahamas, and the rest of the Caribbean. But do you really need to go that far to have a great time with your girls? Take a road trip somewhere warmer. Imagine the memories and sights you’ll see as you travel across the country together.
- Before you go, make sure you do your homework. Research any hotels, resorts, or other places you’ll be visiting. And make sure you have enough (but not too much!) spending money to ensure that you have a great time.
When you get back from your memorable spring break vacation with the girls, you can all shop around on Classic Charms to find the perfect travel charms and travel beads to remember the occasion. Enjoy!
Now that it’s nearly St. Patrick’s Day, it’s time to think about those funny little creatures that pop up every March 17th. (No, we’re not talking about bargain shoppers… But, if you happen to know any of those, send them over to Classic Charms! If you spend over $100, enter the code GREEN and score yourself a four leaf clover bead.) We’re talking about leprechauns! Leprechauns are Irish fairies, and each one is said to guard a pot of gold. (If that were the case, we’d have a bunch of them hanging around the Classic Charms warehouse!) If you find and catch a leprechaun, he has to give you his pot of gold.
So how do you find a leprechaun to take his pot of gold?
- The word “leprechaun” is derived from an Irish term that means shoemaker. So narrow your search down to shoemakers.
- In order to find one, you need to be low to the ground. A full grown leprechaun is only about two feet tall.
- Have you ever seen a happy leprechaun? Legend says that leprechauns tend to be grouchy, so look for someone that seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
- They’ve also been around for a very long time! Okay, so this narrows your search down to small, grumpy, old shoemakers.
- They also enjoy imbibing in some spirits, so you can add “drunk” to your list.
- If all else fails, you can find your own pot of gold right here at Classic Charms! Don’t forget to use the code GREEN at checkout to get yourself a four leaf clover bead.
At 2am this Sunday, March 11, Daylight Saving Time begins in the United States. But you don’t have to wait until then to get in on some of the saving here at Classic Charms! That’s right—we’re having a special promotion in honor of the beginning of Daylight Saving Time. (The word “saving” is in there, after all… right?) And since it’s an occasion that can play tricks on your clock (and your mind, frankly), we decided to make it easy on you and give you the option to save however you want. When you make a purchase at Classic Charms this weekend (March 9, 10, and 11) there are two ways for you to save. So go ahead and “spring forward” this weekend and rack up the saving on your Rembrandt charms, beads, and other great jewelry accessories.
Use the code SPRING
If you feel like spring is in the air, you can enter the code “SPRING” at checkout and receive 10% off your order. This is the perfect option for those that want to stock up on some charms this weekend.
Use the code FORWARD
You can use the code “FORWARD” at checkout to get free USPS shipping this weekend. If you’re only ordering a few things, this is the perfect way to save a few dollars!
And a reminder…
It’s always easy to forget before you go to bed on Saturday night—but you need to SPRING FORWARD and set your clocks an hour later this weekend. We know you lose an hour of sleep on Saturday night… but isn’t it worth it for the extra sunshine when you get out of work?
Don’t forget to SPRING (10% off) FORWARD (free shipping) at Classic Charms this weekend!
Charm bracelets can tell truly charming stories about your life, your interests, and your dreams. That’s why we’re so excited for Sunday! Sunday February 26th is Tell a Fairy Tale Day. What can you do to make this magical holiday even more special? Tell a Fairy Tale Day is a great opportunity to sit down and read to your kids. But if the kids aren’t around… there’s nothing wrong with reading some fairy tales on your own! Everybody loves a good story with a happy ending. (The Knight in Shining Armor doesn’t hurt, either!)
And that’s the thing… Tell a Fairy Tale Day is important because it reminds us that even the most upsetting situations can always come to a happy ending. There’s nothing better than a good story that ends with the words, “…and they lived happily ever after.” On Tell a Fairy Tale Day, take a look at the charm bracelet that tells your personal story. There may have been some bumps along the road, but all of the charms on your bracelet represent something that makes you truly unique!
Is there a woman in your life that inspires you to tell a story? While you’re thinking about happy endings on Tell a Fairy Tale Day, keep our Inspirational Women contest in mind! Tell us a story about an inspiring woman, and you could win up to $150 worth of charms from Classic Charms.
Start telling those stories, charmers! Every woman has her own unique fairy tale to tell—and charm bracelets can help paint a truly “happily ever after” picture.
Here at Classic Charms, we love hearing about the stories that inspire your life. After all, the perfect charm bracelet is the perfect way to show the world where you’ve been and what makes you who you are. That’s why we’re going to celebrate International Women’s Day in style. International Women’s Day is March 8th, and it’s a day to celebrate and honor the great strides that women have made over the past century. As women, we’ve really come quite a long way! In the past 100 years, we’ve gotten the right to vote, and more and more of us are becoming powerful players in the business world—all while maintaining the home front. In celebration of the wonder that is “woman,” we invite you to share the story of a woman that truly inspires you.
Classic Charms International Women’s Day Story Contest
Tell us a story about a woman who is inspiring—this can be you or someone else. Women can do amazing things, and we want to hear about it! We believe that charms can tell any story, so use charms from our site (give us the item numbers, please!) to enhance your storytelling. If we think your story is the most inspiring, you’ll win a charm bracelet and the charms that you used to tell your story—up to a $150 value! The charms must be from our sterling silver charms collection.
We’ll announce the winner of the Classic Charms International Women’s Day story contest will be announced on March 8th.
Send your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be waiting for your charming inspiration!
February 9th, 2012 by Lauren in Beads
; No Comments »
We’re more than just charms here at Classic Charms! We also think you can share your story with a gorgeous bead bracelet. That’s why we have a selection of Zable, Zoppini, Biagi, SimStars, Kera, and Your Story Beads to help you make a true fashion statement. If you’re just getting started, a bead bracelet is a great way to create a piece of jewelry that truly represents you! Here are a few tips to help you create the perfect beaded bracelet for your style—and your budget.
- When looking through our selection of charm beads, remember that you can really create something that can be passed on. After all, your bead bracelet tells a personal story—and that story is worth being shared.
- Remember to have fun when you’re shopping for beads. We have a large selection, so you’re sure to find the perfect bead for the perfect occasion.
- Don’t limit yourself! It’s your bead bracelet, so there’s no way to do it wrong. Add anything you want—as long as you feel some sort of personal connection to it.
- Bead bracelets can really be a conversation starter. When you’re wearing your beads from Classic Charms, be ready to answer some questions. People love to hear the story behind your bead bracelet.
- Your options are truly endless. Choose beads that represent your hobbies, important events in your life, your family, and places that you’ve traveled to. Think of your bead bracelet like a wearable scrapbook of your life.
Here at Classic Charms, we also have collegiate beads so you can show your school spirit and pride. We encourage you to take the time to look through our selection of beads and choose the ones that can help you create perfectly beautiful and personal beaded bracelet.
We can’t wait to see what good ol’ Punxsutawney Phil has to say tomorrow morning! According to legend, if it’s cloudy when he leaves his burrow on that day, it’s a signal that the winter-like weather will soon end. If it’s a sunny day, he sees his shadow, retreats back to his burrow, and the winter is said to continue for six more weeks. Here at Classic Charms, we’re not exactly sure how good a big rodent is at meteorology… but who are we to argue with tradition? In fact, we think it’s kind of sweet.
The biggest Groundhog Day celebration is held in Punxsutawney, PA, where the crowd can sometimes be as large as 40,000. The University of Dallas in Irving, TX actually has taken Groundhog Day as its official university holiday. They have a huge celebration each year to honor the Groundhog.
What can we do to help honor the Groundhog this year? Well, keep your eye to the sky tomorrow morning when Punxsutawney Phil makes his prediction. If there’s supposed to be six more weeks of winter, you’ll get FREE SHIPPING from Classic Charms. But if we’re expecting an early spring, you’ll get a FREE BEAD from our grab bag. Either way, you come out a winner! With gorgeous Rembrandt charms and charming accessories to choose from, you’re sure to find something precious at Classic Charms. You just have to enter the code “FEB2” at checkout once the Groundhog makes his prediction tomorrow morning.
What are you hoping for?
January 27th, 2012 by Lauren in Holidays
, Just for Fun
; No Comments »
The calendar year is filled up with so many fun holidays, and we just couldn’t let this one pass by without a mention. If a girl loves anything more than jewelry, it’s got to be chocolate. So call up everyone you know and tell them that it’s Chocolate Cake Day! What do you think of when you think of the best piece of chocolate cake that you’ve ever had? We think about those cozy Friday nights with a bunch of girlfriends and a good movie. Nothing puts your mind or heart at ease like having beautiful sweet friends—and some sweet chocolate cake. Do you have friends that are as sweet as chocolate cake? Why not show them how much they mean to you with a little charm for their charm bracelet? We especially love the 14K gold “Special Friend” charm. (But this 3D cake charm is pretty sweet, too!)
What’s better than a plain old chocolate cake? If you’re thinking about sharing it with some friends, you want to add a little something special. A charming idea would be to put some sweet filling inside! Here are some of our favorite chocolate cake filling ideas on this very special Chocolate Cake Day:
- Traditional buttercream is always an excellent idea. Cocoa powder, melted chocolate, or vanilla flavoring add a special twist to traditional buttercream. You can even add some food coloring for an extra pop of excitement.
- Have you heard of ganache? It’s made of equal parts high quality chocolate and heavy cream. It can create a smooth textured filling for your chocolate cake. You can flavor it with fruit purees, nut butters, or other flavoring extracts.
- We can’t say enough about cream cheese. Mix it with butter, sugar, and vanilla for a great chocolate cake filling.
- Chantilly frosting is made from whipped cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add some cookie crumble for a complementary flavored filling for chocolate cake.
What are you waiting for? Get your girlfriends together for some charming conversation, sweet treats, and great memories. Happy Chocolate Cake Day from Classic Charms!
It’s not always easy for a grandmother to figure out the perfect gift to give a granddaughter on Valentine’s Day. After all, Valentine’s Day is about celebrating love, and there are few things more special than a grandmother’s love. So what’s a thoughtful grandma to do? Well, we’re about more than just charms here at Classic Charms (even though “charms” is in our name!). We also have a wide selection of gold and silver lockets that are perfect keepsake gifts for granddaughters on Valentine’s Day.
Really… what little girl (or full-grown woman, for that matter) doesn’t love jewelry? A locket will be a granddaughter’s cherished piece that she’s sure to appreciate for years to come. We love the idea of giving a locket to a little girl for Valentine’s Day. Choose from our many different sizes and styles—a locket can truly be chosen to fit the personality of the girl or woman that’s going to wear it. Heart lockets, round lockets, oval lockets, and Celtic lockets can be the perfect way to show your granddaughter just how special she is.
But the most special thing you can do is place a photo inside the locket for an added personal touch. The perfect starter picture for your granddaughter’s locket would be a picture of you holding her when she was first born.
A locket this Valentine’s Day is something that your granddaughter will never outgrow. And, let’s face it, they grow up so fast!
January 13th, 2012 by Lauren in Valentine's Day
; No Comments »
We’re halfway through January already (can you believe it!?), and that means that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! For any guys out there reading this, it’s never too early to start thinking about what you’re going to get your wife for this lovers’ holiday. All too often, we’re busy with family and kids—and we just don’t have the time to set aside for ourselves. With any of our gorgeous Valentine’s Day charms, you can make sure that the special woman in your life knows just how much you care. And once you’ve helped her add some sparkle to her charm bracelet, you can get the whole family together for some family-friendly Valentine’s Day fun. Because, after all, your wife has enough love to go around!
Have the kids help out first!
Before you give your wife her beautiful Valentine’s Day charms, get the kids together to help decorate the house. You can go out and get some Valentine’s Day decorations, or you can have the kids create their own. Decorated paper hearts, red and pink streamers, and Valentine’s Day signs are perfect homemade options. Your wife will know just how much the whole family loves her.
Valentine’s Day charm options
Here at Classic Charms we have some cute Valentine’s Day charms that your wife is sure to love. There’s the Rembrandt engravable “Be my Valentine” heart charm—perfect for sweethearts of all ages. You can also choose the “XO” heart charm or the ever-popular box of chocolates Valentine’s Day charm (this is great when paired up with actual chocolates!). And you can have the kiddos present mommy with a gorgeous LeStage Enamel 3-D Valentine Bear charm!
(Ladies, feel free to share this post with your husband. He’ll get the hint!)