Last month we asked all of our Facebook friends and fans to share their holiday tradition stories with us. We got an overwhelming amount of great responses! It’s so nice to hear how people celebrate the holidays with their family. We spend so much time working on making sure we have the perfect 14K gold and silver charms for you, and it’s nice to see how you put them to use. After all, charm bracelets are a great way to keep those holiday memories alive all year long.
As promised, here’s our winning holiday tradition story. It comes to us from Joan Sapienza. Thanks for sharing your story with us, Joan! Congratulations on winning the gorgeous family bead. And we’d like to thank everyone else that shared their holiday traditions with Classic Charms. With so many great entries, it really was tough to choose a winner.
Start your own unique holiday traditions, too!
Joan’s Holiday Tradition
My favorite holiday tradition began 15 or 16 years ago. My large family (4 brothers, 5 sisters, both parents alive at the time, many nieces and nephews) always gets together Christmas Eve. It is the only holiday where we all manage (barring illness or call of duty for our military/police/fire dept members) to get together. It is a very busy, hectic time with lots of food and many presents for all.
My sister was busy in the days before with buying, wrapping and sorting all kinds of gifts. She was also telling her young son (he was about 3 at the time) the Christmas story of Jesus. He, in his innocence, asked “If it is Jesus’ birthday why doesn’t he get any gifts?” She was taken aback, but then asked what he would like to give Jesus. He had a small starfish that he had gotten earlier that year while they were on vacation. They wrapped the starfish up and then a family debate began as to how to get the present to Jesus. The idea was presented to send it to him via a balloon.
So, Christmas Eve after Mass, we all gathered outside with the starfish tied to a balloon and gave each child present another balloon and we sang “Happy Birthday” to Jesus as loud as we could and then released the balloons. Every year since then we have continued the singing and balloon send off. The young boy who first thought of the idea is now a college freshman. We started out needing only about a dozen balloons, but are up to almost 3 dozen now! Even the neighbors join in our tribute. It is a wonderful tradition and one I hope continues for all time!
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to share this tradition with you.
November 24th, 2011 by Lauren in Holidays
; No Comments »
You could slip a pair of tickets into a stocking, wrap them up in a giant box, or tuck them in a card but there are so many more exciting ways to announce a trip to a loved one for friends. For the holidays though, give tickets in a fun way. You can use travel charms to make the gift more exciting and the payoff much more immediate.
Big trips are planned months in advance, so this exciting trip you’ve created may be as far off as months or even a year. While the lucky recipient is waiting for her big trip, give her a charm as well so she has something to hold onto!
If you’re taking a road trip, then you don’t have tickets at all to include. Instead, pick out the states you’ll be passing through to design a road map to your trip bracelet! The bracelet will be a great reminder of the trip both before and after!
How can you give the charm?
- Attach the travel charm to a card, tied up with a string around the tickets.
- Find her charm bracelet and add the charm. Then, wrap it so she can discover the next big trip she’ll be taking!
There’s so many ways to make a Christmas travel gift even more special! The extra mile in presentation will go far this holiday!
November 18th, 2011 by Lauren in Holidays
; No Comments »
Be more kind, more thoughtful and, of course, more giving! These aren’t just ways to act during the holidays – they ought to apply year round! This Thanksgiving, promise yourself and loved ones a year of compassion and kindness. The way you look at yourself and your friends will be different when you’re thinking like you do on November 24th all year round! A sparkling reminder on your wrist or necklace will always keep the generosity of the holidays alive. Why not try one of these Thanksgiving bracelet and necklace ideas:
- Make the holiday special with gifts like Thanksgiving themed bracelets. Choose lettering to spell out ‘T-H-A-N-K-S’ or ‘T-H-A-N-K-F-U-L.’ The addition of a few Thanksgiving themed charms makes it complete!
- Add a Thanksgiving charm to your bracelet – or give one as a gift. The Thanksgiving Horn of Plenty charm is a sign of the great joys in your life that keep you going through even hard times. Thanksgiving charms remind you to be thankful and be plentiful with friends all year round!
- A single plump and cheerful Turkey charm will make a perfect Thanksgiving necklace gift all on its own!
All year we want to be better, kinder people. With one of our Thanksgiving charms around your wrist, you’ll have a helpful reminder year round to be your best!
November 10th, 2011 by Lauren in Monthly Contests
; No Comments »
There is no better time to remember what is so important about family than the month of November. Thanksgiving brings the family together for one big happy meal – soon you’ll all be together again for Christmas. In the meantime there are so many family traditions in between the two holidays. Here’s a few of our favorite traditions:
Prepping for Thanksgiving Dinner – More than the meal, it’s getting the meal ready that’s the most fun for some families. From setting the table to basting the turkey, there’s something for everyone – it brings the whole family together!
Black Friday sales – will the whole family be waiting outside the store at 4 a.m. sharing hot cocoa?
Christmas shopping as a family! It’s so much fun because you get to sneak around the mall, buying gifts for each other -all while trying to hide from each other!
Opening up presents! There are so many Christmas joys on the morning of the 25th – one is getting to unwrap your presents and the second is seeing people unwrap the beautiful charms and beads you’ve given them!
We’d like to know your favorite Holiday Traditions – both traditional and unconventional! Email us at mail us at email@example.com with your favorite Holiday Traditions by November 30th for a chance to win a Family Bead (valued at $40).
November 4th, 2011 by Lauren in New Products
; No Comments »
College was a simpler, happier time when you’d watch football games bundled up under blankets on a cold seat – not on a couch. Your biggest concern was passing the big test – not making it to through the work week. Recall all the great times with bracelets full of that old college charm with our college beads and crystal beads collections. There are so many different combinations to create with a college bead bracelet. It all depends on your school spirit!
- Incorporate your graduation year with number beads. If you went back for your masters or doctorate you can include both graduation years, spaced apart on opposite side of the bracelet.
- Be flashy! Show off your alma mater colors with a mix of our Swarovski Crystal school colors beads along with other collegiate beads. Choose just a pair of the colored beads for a simple bracelet that can be worn any day. That’s alma mater pride everyday!
- Go all out with school spirit by putting together a bracelet with your graduation year, school colors, and collegiate logo. There’s no such thing as too much pride!
Check out the complete collegiate beads selection with beads from Texas, Florida and Pennsylvania colleges and other universities. Find out if your alma mater is part of our Collegiate Bead Collection – they fit Pandora bracelets as well - it’s 100 strong!
October 28th, 2011 by Lauren in Just for Fun
; No Comments »
Every little lady dreams of a happy ending, whether it’s that grand, fantasy ending with her Prince Charming or the simple pleasure of a happy end to a long day. Sometimes it’s the sweet joy of adding the final charms to a charm bracelet! This October make your own happy endings a reality, and once upon a time happen today!
- Plan a special dinner date with your Prince Charming, giving you something fun to look forward to for the end of the month!
- Pick the perfect charm to complete your charm bracelet! Best of all? You?ll be able to start a new one now!
- Go star gazing and try to spy a shooting star! If you can’t find one, make a wish one your star charm for a sweet ending to your night.
Another happy ending for all is to take advantage of our big deal starting today. From Oct 28 to October 31 when you use the code DONATE during checkout you?ll be getting free shipping on both of our sites, that’s both Classic-Charms.com and Classic-Beads.com. And to make it an even sweeter ending, when you use the code, we’ll be donating the shipping to the Susan G Komen Foundation.
October 20th, 2011 by Lauren in Holidays
; No Comments »
There’s a special woman in every person’s life. One who does so much for you, goes above and beyond and is always thinking of you. Whether it’s your dear own Mother who always calls to remind you to pick up milk, your kind Mother in law who had regular lunches with you, or your sweet Grandmother who still hand crafts you presents for birthdays and holidays, all Mothers are important and worth recognizing on more than Mother’s Day. Why there’s also Grandparent’s Day the first Sunday after Labor Day, and Mother’s in Law day which is coming up the fourth Sunday of October, this Sunday in fact!
So how do you thank these Super Mom’s for all of their amazing help over the years?
- Make all Moms feel special by treating her right to a special night out, invite her and all the ladies of the family out for a special dinner. Each lady can give Mom a special charm for a bracelet from all of you!
- Surprise Mom with a stunning Mom charm necklace to wear everyday so she always remembers how much you love her!
Whatever you do, just remember to tell Mom, “THANK YOU!” It’s the one thing she will always love to hear!
Ohm is the sound of life, formed by Brahma, name of the spiritual Sun for the Hindus, a symbol of reality as a whole. Ohm is life, and to embrace it is a great way to bring balance and happiness to your life. When you craft a bracelet with an Ohm bead you find so much goodness in all the culture, traditions and personality!
Here’s a few ways to embrace the Ohm:
- Find your inner Ohm by taking a meditation class.
- Create a bracelet with an Ohm bead. Any Ohm bead can do, but one that fits your fun personality works best to promote wellness!
- Give a friend who is struggling this month, their own Ohm bead bracelet.
- Go gun hoe for life, by getting out and exercising. Our suggestion? Going out and participate in a marathon or run/walk for Breast Cancer Awareness this month!
One of the best things we hope to encourage as part of Women’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month is the Ohm way of embracing life. While we encourage awareness and prevention, don’t forget to live life as well. Also, be sure to keep an eye for our next Breast Cancer Awareness Month promotion to start next week!
It’s October which means that it’s Breast Cancer awareness month! There are few causes out there as important to us as Breast Cancer Awareness, which is why you’ll be seeing lots of great deals for our pink awareness beads and bracelets in the upcoming weeks!
The Big Charm Deal Now Running
All this week and running until October 10th if you spend $50 or more on an order, you?ll receive our Pink Awareness Ribbon Dangle Bead when you use the code: FREEBEAD at checkout. Great for your order or to give as a gift! Keep an eye out this month for our additional deals, as well as checking out our other special pink beads.
Remember you can always do your part in various ways by taking care of yourself.
- Here are three things you can do for your health:
- Remember to get a regular check up at the doctor’s office.
- Performing a self exam every month.
- Know your family’s cancer history, families with one diagnosis puts the rest of the family at a higher risk of being diagnosed as well.
Catching cancer at the start is the best way to begin treating it. Spread the word about Breast Cancer Awareness and get pinked out this October!
August 15th, 2011 by Classic Charms in New Products
; No Comments »
This week, we would like to tell you about a bead company, that is innovative, fresh, new, attention to detail is unparalleled and quite simply – stunning beads! The bead company I am talking about is Ohm Beads, of course. This company is always releasing new products, (our new arrivals page always has the latest finds) fresh ideas (they actually have a community design project every few months, where they take input from you, the consumer on what bead you want to see, how you want it designed and lets you in on the entire design process. The detail that you find on their products is second to none. Choose from Make Believe, Silver Beads, CZ Colorful beads and even flowers and nature beads.